Tuesday 3 May 2011

Anything Goes challenge 'Home sweet home'

Hi all - hope everyone had a good bank hol & getting all back to normal now! Well I'm posting today my 2nd creation for the Anything Goes team who are linked with The Craft Den. If you've never heard of it the blog is fabulous & if you've not come from there allready then be sure to pop over - theres some real treats by the talented DT & some very different interperatations of the theme - heres a direct link: Anything Goes.  Its also not as overly used as some other challenge blogs - so you've more chance of winning too!!!
The craft den is an on-line store packed with loads of crafty goodies including stamps, papers, tools, embellishment & much much more. Be sure to head over there & check it out, with sound products & great value its a fab place for those special items or just to increase your stash...use this link: The Craft Den.

So without further ado...here is my card for the Anything Goes design team challenge 'Home Sweet home'. I wanted to do a bit of a twist to the theme & make it an unusal style, more suited to a young buisness type or even an older teenager whos maybe just moved into their swanky new city flat...

Photobucket

...The image is by Sugar Nellie & papers are We are Memory Keepers. I've used Distress Inks as usual & highlighted with my Doodle Bug Design glitter - which is really seeing some action at the mo! The full pictures not really picked it up, but in real it really sparkles! See below for colours...

Photobucket

Distress Inks:
Skin: Tattered Rose
Cheeks & Lips: Worn Lipstick & Fired Brick
Hair: Spun Sugar & Worn Lipstick (pink glitter highlights)
Skirt, shoes & earings: Tumbled Glass & Faded Jeans (blue glitter highlights)
Top, tights & bow: Shabby Shutters (green glitter highlights)

Photobucket

...Sentiment reads 'Cool new pad' - mini-alphas by Cosmo Criket & chipboard letters are from the collection & I've added Crackle paint for that distressed/ vintage look. I've also distressed all the paper edges with a craft knife...

Photobucket

...I made the flowers using the spiral technique - which I just LOVE at the mo - I think they're so effective, watch out for a tutorial on them here soon...

Photobucket

...I've made the pin with some glass & pearl beads then secured a tag from the collection. Lastley I finished the edges with black lace & added some ornate silver corners.

Photobucket

I'd like to enter into the following challenges:
Stamp with Fun - Lace/ ribbon
Delightful challenge - Distressing
Crafts and me - Vintage/ Distressed
Mamidoodles - Let's get Girly
Delicious Doodles - Teenagers
Totally Papercrafts - Glitter
Paper Sundeas - Fave hair colour combo

14 comments:

  1. Love the colours and the layout of this card hun! your a girl after my own heart with all those embellishments!! and congrats on the success of your blog :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evening Deb, and well WOW!! I love reading your blog you always make it so fun!! Very creative just like your gorgeous cards. Congrat's again on the success of your blog you so deserve it!
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card love all the sparkle glad you have had a great month x sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deborah,

    thanks for your sweet comment. As you see I immediately wanted to know who DEB is so now I am admiring your beautiful blog and gorgeous creation and became a follower because I want to see it all in future!!!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb, Just wanted to say again how much I LOVE this! You're so right that we've all interpreted the theme differently which I reckon makes us a great design team!! :0)
    I so love your style, it's very eclectic and really unusual. I'm very much diggin it!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous image Deb....and great sparkle too hun..

    thanks for joining us at totally papercrafts...and good luck!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fabulous creation hun! Thanks for playing along with us, your card is adorable!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! Love all the glitter and you really took your time with all the details and embellishments! Great job!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    Hugs,
    Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous card Deb :-) the image and details are all gorgeous ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Totally Papercrafts Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW I'm blown away, such a gorgeous creation, thanks playing along with DD this week
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Deb, Such a gorgeous creation - the colours look amazing together and I love the take on a New Home card - just stunning. Hugs, Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Deb, another gorgeous card. I love the image and your lace is so pretty. Wow there is so much yummy stuff on your card I didn't know what to drool at first lol! Thanks for joining us at stamp with fun this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much to look at. This is awesome. I just love everything about your creation. Congrats to your first months and now you will ahve one more follower...ME!!!lol
    Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me Challenges.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful, so many details to look at! Many thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts, they are truly appreciated!
Deb.x

MY MAGNOLIA SLIDESHOW

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...