Wednesday 29 June 2011

Anything Goes - Letter 'D' challenge

Hi all & today I'm posting for the Anything Goes challenge blog, if you haven't allready come from there don't forget to use the link & check out the rest of the DT's work who've got some great inspiration for you as always. Then you can see what 'D's you can create for your entry! Also don't forget many supplies I've used here including the Magnolia stamps can be purchased from The Craft Den, who still have their Mega Sale on with uk p&p only £1.00 & free on orders over £25.00..

So onto this fornights challenge using the letter 'D', which seemed the perfect excuse to do a dance feature, so I dug out my pretty Magnolia ballerina. I also came across a Z card challenge & haven't ever done one yet on my blog, so fancied giving it a whirl!

Photobucket

I folded a Z card as normal with 3 mountain & valley folds in 3 diferent sizes getting progressively bigger, I then attatched another piece of card to the back fold kind of like you do with an easel card. I really don't know where that idea came from & not sure I've ever seen one before! but it seems to have worked out ok. I attatched this rectangle piece...

Photobucket

...To the back fold, so it stands above past the edge like with an easel card...

Photobucket


...Although I will just say that please be aware if your planning to give it a try, it does need a little bit of pursuasion to stand up with out the folds collapsing & struggles if its on a shiny polished surface. Not so much to stop you doing this kind of design but just to be aware of it...

Photobucket

COPICS:
Skin: R000, E00, E47
Cheeks: R20
Hair: W-1
Tu-tu & shoes: RV000, R81, RV34
Ballet tights: R000, R13

Photobucket

These are Tim Holtz grungeboard letters that have been painted with white acrylic, then coated with glossy accents. I've then lightly sprinkled with lily white Doodlebug Design glitter whilst still wet & set 2 sworofski crystals on the letter 'a'. The D has been decorated with a handmade ribbon rose, set with ornate handmade pin set with beads & end cap, net & flower...

Photobucket

...The stunning die-dut tag is Spellbinders Nestabilities Fancy Tags 3 dies & the mini-alphas spelling 'live' & 'love' are by Cosmo Cricket. I then finished with tiny bow set with crystal, row of crystals & 2 paper flowers...

Photobucket

I love using tu-tu netting on dancing cards, especially ballet themed ones - it just seems so fitting?!! & looks so pretty too! The gorgeous ballerina charm is actually my old phone charm, which I just couldn't resist using!

Photobucket

I made a little bag 'o' talent to match the sentiment filled with silver micro beads which I'm particularly pleased with & think it makes a nice quirky touch!

Photobucket

I'd like to enter into the following challenges:

9 comments:

  1. Gosh Deb this is utterly stunning love all the pink and prettiness hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card deb, love this shape of card it's looking great.
    great and beautiful embellishments.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooooooo beautiful Deb and so where your heart is with this sweet ballerina!!!

    Hug, Irene

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is fantastic deb.stunning design and i love the sweet tilda and your colours and details are beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. such an amazing card!!! so so fabulous and girly!!!! Love all the pink, gorgeous image and colouring, each elemant is perfect and stunning! thanks for the inspiration!!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a perfect card for you hun...very fitting with being dance teacher...LOL. It is beautiful, a very stiking card. I love everything about it!! Hugs Annie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!!This is truly amazing! Loooove everything about it, hun. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful card...
    Don't forget to add this layout and others for our viewers to discover your blog at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/06/2011-4th-of-july-celebration-menu-from.html
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What can I say??????? Truly stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts, they are truly appreciated!
Deb.x

MY MAGNOLIA SLIDESHOW

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...