Friday 16 December 2011

Just Magnolia - New Design Team member!

Hi all! & today I'm really excited to be posting for a new design team I'm on at Just Magnolia. I love my Magnolia stamps at the moment - their collections seem to be going from strength to strength & each one I love more then the last! Can't wait to see what they'll bring out for 2012 & the Just Magnolia blog showcases this brand excellently. So be sure to pop over using the link above & see the creations from the rest of the talented design team...
...This weeks fab challenge is to use 'White plus one other colour' & each design team member seems to have chosen a different colour to work with - so there's a great collection of inspiration just waiting for you! Let's hope it gets your creative juices flowing...what colour will you choose? When you've decided be sure to show us your entry to be in with a chance of winning one of 2 great prizes including a £10.00 voucher from Dies to Die for, or a fab offering from Letraset who make Pro-Markers. So without further ado, here's my card...

Photobucket

...I chose purple (obviously!) & this was actually a great challenge for me as I use a lot of white on my cards anyway. I went for my usual shabby style & winter theme. The beautiful papers are also by Magnolia from the Christmas Dreams collection. The edges have been inked with Walnut Satin then distressewd with a craft knife...

Photobucket

...This gorgeous little cutie is 'Winter Tilda' from the new 'Christmas Dreams '11' collection & I think she looks great in these vibrant shades of plumy purple! I've coloured her as usual with Distress Inks, then highlighted with Glamour Dust on the hat & boots & white flock on the furry bits!...

Photobucket

...Lovin' my new Marriane Design die that makes these great little spiral flowers. I used to make them myself, but with the die you tend to get a much more professional looking finish. I've also added some 8ml lilac purles to the centers & distressed with white paint. The small white roses are fabric & have been set with real Sworofski crystals. The magnolia die is Heart Swirl Branch, I've cut from white Bazzil card-stock & I think it's by far the prettiest swirl die on the market at the mo - lovin' it!!! I've also added a Stamps Away postage X-mas stamp...

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on your DT membership and your absolutely gorgeous card Deb!!! I just made one with pnk and white so will post it and link to the challenge soon.

    Enjoy the weekend, Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card deb ive been following your blog for a while now and love love love what you do so glad you joined us at just magnolia
    hugs sara x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! en Congruatiolations with your DT-membership :)

    Greatings, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats!! This is gorgeous!! Love the colours and all your gorgeous flowers! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Deb!
    A warm welcome to the team, it's so good to have you with us!
    Your card is more than beautiful..., love it 100% !!!
    Have a great weekend, hugs
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb, Welcome to the Just Magnolia and hAnglar & stAnglar Challenge DT!! Your card is so gorgeous!! I love the spiral flowers that you made and all the embellishments that you have added to your card!! Have a wonderful weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this is fantastic deb.really stunning colours and details and the tilda is so sweet :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Deb and welcome to the team sweetie! Your creations are always fantastic and it's an asset to have you in:) This one is no exception, love the distressed look and your beautiful coloring! Everything is so perfectly put together!
    Have a great holiday season and all the best for the 2012!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely Beautiful! I love your colour choice and the detail of your card. Just lovely!
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  10. First time at your blog, and now I´m hooked :-)
    You make just fabulous cards.
    Hugs Pyssel Pia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts, they are truly appreciated!
Deb.x

MY MAGNOLIA SLIDESHOW

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...