Tuesday 21 May 2013

Deep Ocaen Challenge 'Ribbons & Lace'

Hi there & today it's time for another challenge over at Deep Ocean challenge. This week we'd like to see your Ribbons & Lace creations, we have a great sponser prize from LOTV so be sure to pop over to the challenge blog using the link above & enter your best projects!

For my card I used my new Saturated Canary stamp & these drop dead gorgeous papers from the new Maja Design Vintage Spring collection.

 
Paper edges have been inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink using a blending tool, then stiched on the machine. I added 2 ripped sections so I could 'hide' lace underneath, loving this look at the mo!
 
 
I cut the stamped & coloured image out using the Spellbinders Floral Ovals die, I then die cut the shape from lilac Core'dinations Whitewash cardstock & layered the 2 together with cheese cloth underneath. The postacards are by LOTV I stamped in black ink from other Maja papers from the Vintage Spring collection & added under the image topper also on cheese cloth for a shabby feel. The top oval has Tim Holtz, LOTV & HOTP Postcard stamps in Shaded Lilac, Victorian Velvet & Pumice Stone, I then added shabby white Frantage & set with heat tool.
 
 
Distress Inks:
Skin - Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo & shading with Walnut Stain
Cheecks - Aged Mahogony mixed with Tattered Rose
Hair - Antique Linen, Walnut Stain
Pants - Aged Mahogony & Tattered Rose
Sleeves, pants stripe & hair bow - Pumice Stone & Black Soot
Shoes - Shaded Lilac
Shading - Pumice Stone & Black Soot
 
 
Flowers are by Prima, Kort & Godt & others from Live & Love Crafts. Below shows the LOTV Postcards tucked behind image & my new Magnolia Doo Hickey die that I won as part of my prize for winning the Magnolia Down Under Challenge. I LOVE how you can win prizes from this challenge off merit & not just luck - I do wish other challenges would do this, though I understand it's not the most popular format ;)
 
 
Double bow tied in lovely white Stampin Up ribbon & set with white twine bow with Blue Moon silver heart charm. Below shows the banner I made with one of the bottom strips from the Maja papers - I LOVE these strips!!! I cut out 1 sentiment with butterflies either side & trimmed ends into 'v' shape, I then shaped & added pearl brads in this lovely plum colour.
 

I'd like to enter into the following challenges:
Songbird - Bloom & Grow

 
Thanks for looking.
xxx

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love this card, what a beautiful design!and colouring!
    Love, Mel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Deborah this is STUNNING. Love those muted colours.
    Hugs
    Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous deborah!!just love all of the details and the gorgeous colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow this is wonderful deb.stunning image and colours and your design is really beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb!! What a stunning creation! I just love the soft colors...very vintage-y! And those papers and frantage are just beautiful!! I absolutely adore this!! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is just delicious! love your colours and pretty flowers!
    Thank you so much for joining the fun this time over at Songbird challenges!
    Hugs
    Jacqui P x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stuuuuuuuning! Love the colouring,layers and Embellishments! It is altoghether Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow your creation is beautiful!!! Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts, they are truly appreciated!
Deb.x

MY MAGNOLIA SLIDESHOW

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...