Friday 23 August 2013

The Rubber Buggy 'Bikini Tilda'

Hi there & I'm posting for my Saturday spot at The Rubber Buggy Inspiration Blog. I thought I'd ink up my  brand new Bikini Tilda from the new Sea Breeze collection. I used this great sketch from Simply Magnolia & papers from the same Magnolia collection.
 
 
The papers I used are Vintage Summer Roses, Grandpas Rose Garden, from the Sea Breeze collection & New England Wood from Bon Voyage collection. I distressed the edges with Antique Linen and Walnut Stain using a blending tool then scored with the edge of the scissors.
 
 
 
The card blank & Vintage tag eyelet is kraft cardstock & papers are matted onto white Bazzil cardstock. Tim Holtz on the edge scrollwork die has been cut from kraft & distressed with Snow Tex. The bunting (which I have to say is my absolute favourite thing at the mo!) I hand cut & curled around the twine. I then wrapped the twine around my finger & secured the loops with staples.
 
 
The image has been coloured with Tim Holtz Distress Inks on watercolour paper with a (dry) watercolour brush. Stamps around the image are HOTP & LOTV. The topper is mounted on a Spellbinders die that I cut from kraft card, distressed with Picket Fence Distress Stain & threaded with thick twine. I edged the Tilda topper with pearl bead string. The 2 clay corners are handmade with Martha Stewart clay moulds & white air-dry clay.
 
 
Distress Inks:
 
Skin - Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo
Cheeks - Tattered Rose mixed with Aged Mahogony
Hair - Antique Linen, Walnut Stain
Bikini & Flowers red - Aged Mahogony
Highlighted with Sakura Pen-Touch - White
 
 
The swirl above is a Doo Huckey die & the die cut flowers are a Marriane design rolled roses die. Other flowers are mainly Kort & Godt.
 
 
I LOVE making bunting & whilst everyone seems to be out of stock of the lovely Mganolia Doo Hickey bunting dies at the moment - I thought I'd hand cut my own! I left a tab that I curled around the thick twine, then cut little knotches & distressed for a shabby chic look, I then spelled out 'fun' in mini-alphas.
 
 
Above shows the removable Doo Hickey Vintage tag with Tim Holtz stamped sentiment & Blue Moon silver heart charm. Below shows peek of inside! Sentiment is from HOTP CD-rom.
 
 
Suggestions for Rubber Buggy Products:
 
 
I'd like to enter into the following challenges:
 
Simply Magnolia - Sketch
The Ribbon Girl - A touch of red 
 Bunny Zoes - BINGO (Top row - ribbon or lace, die cuts, tag)

5 comments:

  1. She looks gorgeous on this stunning card Deborah! Thanks for sharing at Simply Magnolia.

    XX Inge

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZER...your creation is stunning...wonderful colours and details :0)))

    Thanks for playing with us at Simply Magnolia ;0)

    Hugs Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors on your card, gorgeous! The banner is so cute and love the burlap string you put on it. Your card is beautiful with edgy artistic qualities that I love. Refreshing!
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card Deborah so stunning!!!!

    Big Hugs Nit@

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you've done with this sketch, gorgeous colouring and lovely embellishing. Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts, they are truly appreciated!
Deb.x

MY MAGNOLIA SLIDESHOW

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...