Saturday 17 August 2013

The Rubber Buggy 'Jardin'

Hi all & I'm super excited today to be back posting for my Saturday spot at The Rubber Buggy inspiration blog.
click here
 
 I've made a Magnolia card using 'Delightful' Tilda who I have to say is my absolute fave Tilda so far - just how much more appealing can these images get?!! I decided on some yummy lilac papers by Maja Design in my favourite shabby chic style, which seems to have given the card a 'Wedding' theme that I wasn't necessarily aiming for to begin with, but I think the lattice and shabby white seam binding have also added to the Weddingy feel.
 
 
 
The lattice effect die is by Spellbinders, cut from Core'dinations Whitewash cardstock. I also cut the Lovely Fence die, Scalloped circle matt & large lilac flower from the same card.
 
 
I coloured with image with Distress Inks - I;ve been trying for ages to get my images to look a little softer & paint in a more shabby chic style that other crafters do so well, but I really struggle to STOP painting in details & adding to the depth of shading (I'm sure that's what most people struggle TO do...trust me to be coopsite!) Anyways even though I don't really think I've managed to do this yet, for my second painted image after over a month break I'm reasonably pleased with. The dress was painted in Shaded Lilac - I LOVE this new colour & it didn't really need anything adding to it to perfectly match the designer papers...but that's why I love DI's so much!
 
 
Distress Inks:
Skin - Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo
Cheeks - Tattered Rose mixed with Aged Mahogony
Hair - Antique Linen, Walnut Stain
Dress - Shaded Lilac
Tights - Pumice Stone
 

Flowers are a mixture of Kort & Godt and Prima. I sprinkled around the image and on some of the paper corners with White Frantage Embossing Powder then added some white pearl bead string. Below I spelled out 'jardin' in mini-alphas on the So Wrapped Doo Hickey die.

 
Above shows the Magnolia Doo Hicket So Lovely die with shabby seam binding bows, Tim Holtz Hardware Findings die cut from grungeboard and covered in Snow Tex & silver bird cage charm available from The Rubber Buggy. Below shows the bottom of the hindge from the Hardware Findings made in same way as lock.
 
 
Suggestions for The Rubber Buggy Products:
 
 
I'd like to enter into the following challenges:
 
Live & Love Crafts - Warm or Cool colour pallete
Marvelous Magnolia - Anything Goes
Totally Tilda - Tilda's Wedding
Magnolia-licious - Lacy Lace
7 Kids College Fund - Anything Goes with Vintage twist
Creative Inspirations - Monochrome
 
xxx
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Wow this is so rich in texture, love the lattice! I love the details you do when you color, love the shading and depth you achieve with Tilda. She is gorgeous. Your embellishing is beautiful on this card too. I love the shabby feel of this card.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, this is stunning. Love this Tilda too. Gorgeous details and colours.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAgnific card. I love the best from your images coloring is your deep coloring ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, WOW, WOW! Thanks for participating in the www.7kidscollegefund.com challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow how Stunning! Looove all those Stunning Embellies and your colouring is Amazing! Thanks for joining us at Marvelous Magnolias!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O my this is amazing...love your coloring and how it matches your papers...so pretty and shabby...
    lizzi totally tilda

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!! Your card is fantastic!!!! Love the soft shades of purple and I think your colouring is wonderful!!! Thanks for joining us this time at Totally Tilda and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Deborah,
    This is the first time I visit your blog, but for sure not the last..
    You make such gorgous card, like them very much.
    Love Everything, the coloring, embellishments and just.. EVERYTING!
    Best regards, Britt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Deborah! I could just stare at this all day! What a beauty!! Thank you so much for joining the Magnolia-licious Wee Stamps Challenge!! :)
    Sheri Willshire

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowzers, this is gorgeous!! Thank you for playing along in our 7 Kids Challenge at http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com/! Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts, they are truly appreciated!
Deb.x

MY MAGNOLIA SLIDESHOW

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...