Sunday 15 September 2013

The Rubber Buggy 'Sitting Tilda Butterfly & Root Cellar Door scene'

Hi there Rubber Buggy fans! Today I have a shaped Magnolia card I made using some new mixed media techniques I've recently discovered! I used Sitting Tilda with Butterfly from the Once Upon a Tim '13 collection and Root Cellar Door from the Sweet Rainbow '11 collection and masked the image to create this scene.



The shaped blank is made with Go Kreate Frilly Frame #5 and the image is Spellbinders Nestabilities labels 1 die, also used Tim Holtz on the edge Butterflight die. Papers are the Soferio collection by Maja Design. 

 
Distress Inks:
Skin - Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo
Cheeks - Tattered Rose mixed with Aged Mahogony
Hair - Antique Linen, Walnut Stain
Dress - Victorian Velvet with Pumice Stone shading
Tights - Pumice Stone
Flowers - Shaded Lilac
Butterfly - Victorian Velvet, Pumice Stone, Shaded Lilac
Greenery - Bundled Sage
Wall - Pumice Stone
Bricks & Stone - Soot Black
Highlighted with Sakura Pen-Touch, white
 
 
The mixed media techniques I used are The Crafters Workshop Reversed Chicken Wire template and applied texture paste to achieve the chicken wire effect. I also used Shabby Pink Frantage embossing powder, set around the image with a heat gun, then applied Mod-poge and added Frantage colour Fragments. The Butterflight die has been coated with Snow Tex textured paint, and the stunning chipboard butterflies by Dusty Attic and 'hold my hand' Maja strip has been shaped and coated in Gesso. The large flower below is Prima.
 
 
 
Suggestions for Rubber Buggy Products:
 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous design and beautiful colors as always. Have a lovely week Deb.
    Hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful debs.gorgeous sweet tilda and your design and details are fantastic ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Deborah, she is lovely! Your card is gorgeous and I love the layers. I love the touch of color that you give Tilda and the background with these gorgeous papers. I love the chicken wire and the paste does make it dimensional looks great. Beautiful flowers and butterflies. Do you like the new Tim Holtz watercolor paper? I see it is sold out, my local store quit selling WC paper so I am searching out paper to use?
    Great card,
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts, they are truly appreciated!
Deb.x

MY MAGNOLIA SLIDESHOW

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...